Sunday 4 August 2013

Psychology

One of my other great loves in life. To read it. To play around and make it up a bit. To talk about it sometimes. The mediator that attempts to explain what we can possibly know of the core sciences, and of higher-order reasoning in philosophy! My obsession is getting bigger and better, and I'm finding it even more exciting a subject than I ever did before. Why peak now? I have just done three years of it at university, encountering some great intellectual pioneers and likeminded classmates, yet I'd taken it all for granted. It's now, when I don't have obligation, that I'm beginning to realise its significance for me, and can look up academia tailored for my own interests. Maybe because I also have more free time.

But since deferring university, my mind is not directed towards learning to achieve the best grades anymore. Maturity has something to do with it as well. I've seen and done so much more than I had as a first-year. When I examine myself internally, I've changed so much - such different interests, ways of spending time. Yet I'm so grateful for the university experience and its opportunities, forcing me to learn even when I didn't want to keep going. Don't always go by your feelings. How sporadic they are! 

And now I can't wait to go back for more. It's months away though... Oh feelings don't you die down.

No comments:

Post a Comment